Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It was awesome!

That is the best way to describe my vacation to WA with the wifey. Whitewater rafting is such an incredible experience by itself, and to add in the gorgeous scenery of the Cascade mountains (Mount Hood pictured) around you and it's heaven on earth. A big thanks to Blue Sky Outfitters who we used to go on the trip down the Wenachtee River. I cannot give a higher recommendation for a company than I can for them. The guides genuinely had as much fun as we did and totally enhanced the trip that much more with their enthusiasm.

There is nothing like an 8 foot wave crashing down on you. I was extremely fortunate enough to sit in the front of the boat and take the brunt of most of the waves. The rest of the crewmates (including the wifey and guide) acted and yelled like a bunch of pirates while going through the sections of rapids. This was THE most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.



















The first picture is us crashing through the waves and the second is a shot of our guide Lars and a gratuitous plug for Blue Sky. Yes, Lars was the only one wearing a helmet, but he also wore it on the bus ride over to the drop in spot. That's when I knew he was the perfect guide for us. I am on the opposite side of the boat as the photographer, but I am in the front seat of the raft, and yes, that is the wifey in pink behind me.



















We stayed in the town of Leavenworth for several days, a touristy town that back in the 1960's decided that they were going to make the town look like an Alpine village. In that town I found:


Yes, the Cheesemonger's Shop. Naturally we went inside and upon meeting the owners of the shop I announced that I was the famous Oracle of Cheese. They immediately bowed in my presence and offered me tributes of Gloucester, Schloss and other cheesy-type foods. They showed me around and were incredibly friendly hosts.

On top of this we spent 2 days in Seattle and visited many of the sights (and foods) the city had to offer. Overall a great trip that I would recommend to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey!! shame on me that I haven't visited your site in so long, I love this post and agree with everything you said. I had a wonderful time, too, and would recommend Washington state vacation to any family, couple or gang of carousing party dudes in an RV. I cannot imagine how that thing smelled after they got done with it.
However, I don't remember the bowing and adoration at the cheese shop. Must have been when I was in the fairy store.
I love you so much, Wifey