Sunday, December 10, 2006

The alarm didn't go off

I have to admit something, I didn't watch the game today. My children had their annual Christmas program this afternoon and I gladly missed the game to see them sing and store away some great memories, as my kids were simply fantastic and exceeded all hopes I had in their performance. Afterwards, we went out to eat and I had completely forgotten about the Packer game.

Got home from a great dinner with my family and we started to decorate the Christmas tree. It was fairly late (7pm) when we started. After about 30 minutes of decorating with some incredibly great Christian music softly playing in the background, my wife asks "So, how did the Packers do?"

I didn't know. The evening had been so much fun that I had blanked out about the game. So, I quickly ran downstairs to the computer and pulled up the Yahoo! Sports page (it loads way quicker than anybody else), bracing myself for the impact of another bad Packer loss. Then I saw it: Packers win
30-17. A smile came across my face as I quickly went to the boxscore.

Favre: 22-34 293 yds 2 TD 0 INT. I quickly figure a QB rating of 111.52 (I am the Oracle after all).

Green & Morency combine for over 140 yds rushing and a TD

Driver: 160 yds receiving and a TD


Packers D got 3 turnovers and were actually good for a game.

I simply couldn't believe it. I thought I was dreaming, I was waiting for the alarm to go off and wake me out of this dreamland. After all, my kids who seem to be terminally shy come performance time were outstanding just a few short hours ago and the Packers won a game convincingly on the road.


The alarm never came.

So I went back upstairs and walked into the living room watching my wife and kids smiling and laughing while decorating the tree. The music was joyously perfect and there I was, realizing that sometimes, dreamland does exist outside of sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it must be Christmas.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheesehead Craig said...

Silly Russ hit the Post button twice.