Monday, July 11, 2005

Behold the power of cheese

Got back early from camping in the WI Dells on Sunday for a special presentation that I will illuminate you all on. My neighbor Shane had left for a family trip to South Dakota (apparently he lost a bet and HAD to go, the poor bastard) on Thursday morning. This past winter, he and his brood decided to build not one but 2 anti-Cheesehead snowmen at the entrance to and in the middle of my driveway when I and my family were out of town. My son and I quickly dispatched these abominations in the manner they deserved when we returned. I decided that now was my time for revenge. (Cue the dastardly music). I thought for while as to what could I do to get back at him, then it hit me, I needed to eat Pizza Rolls first to help me come up with something. Satisfying that urge, my creative juices came alive and realized what Shane holds most dear to his heart to which a blow would be most devastating.

"Is it
Daisy Fuentes on the beach?" you may ask. No, but that is a nice thought.

"Given his fascination with them, could it be
bikini-clad chickens on a beach?" Definately not, and shame on you for clicking that picture link you sick little monkey.

No, it is the source of his power, his pro-stadium beliefs that he spouts forth on his blog
The Greet Machine. I quickly went to work and came up with this:




A truly great work of art, if I do say so myself. Now you must understand that Shane lives on a fairly busy road and approximately 250 cars in addition to several dozen walkers/joggers go by his house every day and this was clearly visible from the street, being it was posted in his front window. This was up from Friday morning until Sunday early afternoon for all the neighborhood and passerbys to see.

Upon his arrival back home, Shane was completely flabbergasted, bamboozled and downright in a state of panicked disbelief upon seeing this. He quickly ran into his home to tear down the sign. Knowing he would do this and start with the word "NO", I had put a note on the back of it that simply said "Behold the power of cheese". Shane knew instantly that he was defeated and retreated to his room where he refused further comment, as all that was heard was a low groaning sounds, some whimpering and the words "The horror". Welcome home Shane!

Cup O' Brew
Hey there, the Brewers actually split one road series and win another against teams with winning records! It's almost like they're a real baseball team. What a fantastic way to go into the All-Star break being winners of 7 of their last 11. For more in depth analysis of the Crew, I highly recommend heading over to
Al's Ramblings as he is the king of all that is Brewer. He has a great article on Carlos Lee and LF AAA prospect Corey "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night" Hart posted on 7/7. I commented to him that that article was worth the price of internet this month alone.

Buck it!
Redd signs! Bogut signs! Stotts signs as coach! Signs, signs everywhere signs! I really like the starting 5 of Ford, Redd, Mason, Smith and Bogut. It could be a bit weak on the glass though IMO. The Bucks have to sign 5 more guys I believe to fill out the roster, although Gadz and Zaza are going to sign and remain Bucks. I'm excited to see how the season plays out this coming year and will predict right now, barring injury, the Bucks will have 48 wins.

Days of our Packers
I fucking hate Drew Rosenholdout!!!! That is all my legal department has allowed me to say about him at this time.

That should hold you all over until Thursday. I'm off to Nashville for a business trip until Wednesday. Grog will be posting his much anticipated road trip antics from travelling with the Crew on Thursday. See you then!

2 comments:

Brian said...

C-L-A-S-S-I-C!

Cheesehead Craig said...

Gimpson,
Sorry for the delay in responding, been out of town for a while. Drew has not officially ruined this season yet as nobody has missed any games yet. Drew says that he is not about the holdout, but virtually every new client he signs, he uses it. He's a damn hypocrite.