Friday, July 01, 2005

This will cost how much?


Well now, as you can see, I got into a little fender-bender last night on the way home from work. Thanks to my knowledge of the force, I was able to use my Jedi mind tricks on the police officer to make sure I was not at fault.

Police Officer: So what happened here?

CC (using the force, with hand motions): I am not the one at fault.

Police Officer: What are you doing?

CC (still using the force): The other person should pay for everything.

Police Officer: Are you on drugs or something? Maybe we should do a field sobriety test?

CC (once again, with the force): There is no need to write me a ticket.

Police Officer: If you don't stop that, I'm going to taser your ass to the ice planet Hoth. Got me?

Realizing I had complete control of the situation, I explained to the officer what happened as the 20-21 year old woman who drove out of the parking lot and hit the side of my car could only watch and listen in wonder as a true master of the force was at work. The good news was that nobody was hurt, along with me not receiving any of the blame for the accident (see the force did work).

I figured that those reading can use the force and put in a guess in the comments as to how much the damage was on my Corolla. Given that Shane has seen a first hand look at the carnage, I figured I'd share the same info as he has. Here's what I can tell you: I am going to need a new passenger door, new passenger side fender and a new bumper. I was able to drive it home and the alignment seemed fine. No fluids were leaking and my tire seemed fine. Whoever is closest gets the satisfaction of knowing that they could be working in a body shop doing estimates on cars.


My guess is Matt Wise's ERA x 1000. That would be $2530. I'll post the estimate that the woman's insurance company states I have to go with as the offical number.

8 comments:

Brian said...

That bites Dude. Was she blonde and talking on a cell phone while doing her nails at the time?

Got her address? The Shane Posse can conduct some drive-by bottle rocket retaliation this weekend.

SBG said...

The worst thing that can possibly happen is when the fender bender is your own fault. Then you have nothing to blame but your own stupidity. I hate that feeling.

Cheesehead Craig said...

She was not blonde nor talking on a cell, COD. No need for retaliation as she essentially totalled her car (it was like an 88 Chevy Cavalier).

SBG, she was crying quite a bit and had that feeling you were describing. She was on the phone with her mom saying "No, I hit him" so she knew it and pretty much stated so to the cop from what I could hear them saying.

Brian said...

Ah man, I have all these bottle rockets and no place to "invade". I need to start me a war somehow. Maybe SBG can help me write something to tork-off a bunch of people and then I can declare bottle rocket war.

Cheesehead Craig said...

I was thinking of doing an accident recreation using Lego-vision and/or Hot Wheel cars, but I know how sacred that stuff is and didn't want to be sued.

Anonymous said...

Where are all the guesses for estimates on what the damage will cost? I must admit I like your guess Cheesehead. It is right around what I would have guessed. So, I will say $2,643. That should do the trick.

Anonymous said...

Can I publicly say you are the most awesome husband ever? You are. He really didn't go all ape over it, and has been in remarkably good spirits. Of course you have a little practice in the situation.
I'm going to lowball the competition and say $1575.00
-Cheeseheads' wife (and darn proud to say so)

Anonymous said...

Having had at least 9 major accidents I believe I have a good idea. I think it will cost $3400.00
Oops, almost spilled my hot coffee, oh wait my cell is ringing, there. Oh, my exit is coming up I am logging off. Princess Sally