Friday, January 06, 2006

Mailbag

Before I get to the mailbag, I have a shameless plug for myself. If you have enjoyed my musings on The Frozen Tundra, go on over to MVN and vote for me in the writer awards.

Oracle: I have a question about Brett Favre, and know that you will have the answer. Is he under contract or is a free agent? I am wondering if he wants to play elsewhere if the Packers would have to trade or release him. Being the Oracle and all, I know you help me with this one. What do you think will happen? I have heard rumors of him going to Miami to take one more shot at the Super Bowl behind a solid offense, but th thought of him not in green and gold is just too hard to picture. I agree that the Packers should look no further than Bates if they are committed to bringing in a defensive coach. I have no idea what the Vikes will do, and am very much on the fence in regards to Brad Chilldress. I'd like to see them interview Rivera from the Bears, but the thought of an ex-Bear as coach of the Vikes may be too much for me to handle.

I'd also like to thank you once again for being in my Yahoo Fantasy Football League again. It was a much better league this year than last, and I appreciate you being in it. Keep giving Shane heck. Take care.

Curt (in Grand Forks)


Thank you for the complement O Curt in Grand Forks.

Favre is under contract for 4 more years so if he would choose to play for another team, a trade must be made. If he retires, he is still property of the Packers for the length of the term of the contract, so again a trade must be made should desire to come back and play for another team in that timeframe.

Miami has a solid offense? This confuses the Oracle as that has not existed since the late 80's.

The Oracle sees great things should the Packers hire Jim Bates as their head coach. I see visions of a silver football on a stand being handed to him. The Oracle cannot however influence the minds of those in Green Bay, he can only say what he sees.

You are correct on Rivera, as anything Bear-related is unclean and will taint anything it is associated with.

My participation in your fantasy football league was enjoyable, I am glad that I helped all there have a good time.

May fortune smile upon you Curt in Grand Forks; and oh yes, I forsee a banner year of heck for one Shane.

4 comments:

Curt said...

I didn't say that I necessarily believed the Miami rumors, but it goes like this: with Chris Chambers, Ricky Williams, and Ronnie Brown, they are only a QB away from being a contender. The defense is solid, so Favre could make a big impact. This would especially be the case if Linehan and his QB friendly system stays in Miami as Offensive Coordinator.
And it looks like my beloved purple will not be "tainted" by Rivera, so I guess I won't have to worry about it.

Curt in Grand Forks

Sara said...

I did the initial vote to get you in the listing...I've done my part. Everybody else? Follow the link and get your vote in!

Cheesehead Craig said...

Thanks Sara! I was wondering who put me in. Given there are over 150 writers there and only 24 are nominated so far, that rocks!

Russ said...

I voted for ya, but you have a little catching up to do. ;)