Monday, February 28, 2005

Coin flip

I flipped a coin, heads I'll become a great writer: Write in depth novels of critical acclaim, New York times best-selling books, have my writings be shown on the big screen and win Oscars. Tails I'll write some stupid WI sports blog. Guess which won?

Bucky Badger
Well, just a few days after I rip them for not winning on the road, they win impressively at Ohio State. Not only was this a big road conference win, more importantly, it gives me bragging rights with a co-worker. Their FT shooting (especially Mike Wilkinson's) is still horrible and it will cost them a game come the Big Dance.

Da Bucks
With Sunday's win against the Sonics, the Bucks are 1-1 since the big trades. As I said, Mo Williams is doing quite well. 14.5 pts & 8.5 assists/game, boy did I hit that one on the head (time for a good back pat for me, ahhhhh). Tonight's game brought back home one of the best, Ray Allen. I just about cried when he was traded to Seattle. There is a sliver of hope that in the offseason, he could come back to Milwaukee. He definately will if Redd leaves for Cleveland as the Bucks will pay him. (Cue the lights, start the smooth jazz music) However, if he could come back and Redd stays, that would be a dream come true. The sun would be a little warmer, food would taste better and smiles would be brighter. Ok, stop the music, it's getting a bit to estrogeny in here.

4 comments:

SBG said...

Nice call in Pepper! on Jamie Fox. You nailed it!

Cheesehead Craig said...

Well, I said he would win an award, so had he won for Collateral for supporting actor, I still would have been right. But I figured he would win for Ray. I'm just mad I didn't go all out and say that Swank and Clint would win actress and director. I had a feeling about Baby. I thought Ray would win best picture though. Freeman winning was outstanding!

Anonymous said...

If you had flipped heads, what was your first novel going to be about?

Cheesehead Craig said...

Can't tell you that Shane, I may still write it!