Thursday, June 30, 2005

Miss me? Didn't think so

I was in Detroit all day yesterday visiting a client. Nothing like getting up at 3:40 am after 3 hours of sleep to catch a way too early flight so that myself and one of my marketing directors can make an early morning meeting. I had so many Cokes that I was vibrating from the caffeine, then I realized it was my cell phone. Then I remembered that I did not own a cell phone so that led to a whole new set of questions. Needless to say I was a bit wired for the day, that and Diego was none to pleased at my answering his call on his girlfriend's cell. Somewhere in Detroit, there's a really pissed off Hispanic man on a Vespa.

Quick recap of all the sports that has to deal with Wisconsin:

  1. Bogut selected #1 (gasp), Ersan Ilyasova in the second round who by all accounts could have been a 1st rd pick, if not a lottery pick, if he did not have an injured ankle. Could the Bucks actually get 2 starters in this draft? Also the trade for another young man, Jiri Welsch is a good move. Easy trade for a 2nd rounder next year. Further proof that God loves WI.
  2. Brewers losing on the road to the Cubs. Given that the Brewers suck on the road, you didn't need to be Nostradamus' hairdresser to pick that would happen. Cubs have a deal with the devil that God needs to be made aware of.
  3. Packers, nothing for a while. Even God's favorite team gets a break occasionally.
  4. Mike Wilkinson will make some NBA team's roster as he is an extremely solid player. God loves guys from small towns who work their butts off.

One final note, here's a great interview with Brady Clark from Baseball Digest Weekly. Check out the info on the Brewers new star CF.

2 comments:

Cheesehead Craig said...

Thanks Eddie,
I got no problem with Bogut. He's a more immediate help and drafting him give the Bucks a better chance of keeping Redd and eventually Mason. I don't think the Bucks have too many white guys (not that I'm counting). I really don't care what race or ethnicity the players are, just so long as they got game.

I miss Milwaukee, has a great ethnic restaurant scene that are not chains, just mom & pop places. Also miss Miller Park and all the summer festivals (met the wife at Summerfest). Minneapolis is a bit sprawling, but this place has grown on me quite a bit in the 8 years I've been here.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Pyra,
Back to class you! Glad you enjoyed the site. Remember, a young mind is a terrible thing not to mess with.