Friday, October 28, 2005

Buck, Buck, Buuuuck

Before I get into Bucks news, I have to say Happy Birthday to my beloved wife Rachel! Yes, we are going out for dinner tonight at a restaurant of her choosing. The sitter is all set and we are looking forward to a fun night.

The Bucks came to a very interesting trade yesterday with Desmond Mason being traded for Jamaal Magloire. Now, I am a big Mason fan so my first reaction was that this was about as useful as another folk singer back in the 70's. However in looking at the trade a bit more closely, I do like it. There was a logjam at the #3 with Simmons and Mason with Welsch coming off the bench. Simmons is an excellent defender and can score as much as Mason does. I'm not too thrilled with giving up a 1st rd pick next year, but if Magloire gets them to the playoffs, I can live with it.

Magloire is a solid center with an All-Star history and is just entering his prime. The Bucks beefed up a rather weak frontcourt with a bonafide center. Magloire is a solid scorer and rebounder and is going to be able to body up to the big boys around the NBA, thus enabling Bogut to play some at the PF slot with Smith and giving him more time to get acclimated to the NBA. Plus with Magloire inside, teams cannot just focus on the Bucks perimeter players on the defensive end.


Starting lineup of Ford, Redd, Simmons, Magloire and Smith with Bogut, Mo Williams, Gadzuric and Bell off the bench is a solid 9 man rotation. Not too many teams out there can lay claim to that good of a rotation.

UPDATE: I've got a new entry over at The Frozen Tunda (link to the right) with a Bengals blog writer on the upcoming Packer/Bengal game. It's in the same style as the one for the Viking/Packer game I did with Mr. Cheer or Die. Take a gander and comment if you like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"about as useful as another folk singer back in the 70's"

That is hilarious! I'm going to have to use that one.

If I remember correctly, I think Molly and I are coming with you for Rachel's b-day. We are looking forward to it, unless, of course, you take away your invite which would make us sad.

Happy birthday Rachel!

Cheesehead Craig said...

Shane,
You and Molly are indeed coming along as well. Looking forward to a parent's night out, it's been far too long.

Anonymous said...

I had a great birthday and such a great time with our dear freinds the Nackys. My husband was the best part of the day, as he is every day.
Happy birthday to me and Happy Halloween to everyone!!
-cheesehead's wife