Thursday, April 07, 2005

2 and Oh my goodness!

Doug Davis pitched a great 6 innings and continued his good performances from Spring Training. It seems that Yost is getting to give his unproven pen some work early and seeing what he has and who is going to step up with both Sheets and Davis getting some higher pitch counts. In a recent ESPN Magazine article where Ben Sheets was interviewed, he was asked who he would want on his fantasy baseball team and he responded "Doug Davis, seriously, did you see what he did the second half of last year?" That prompted me to see what he did the last 2 months last season, and Ben's right, the guy was phenominal as had under a 2.50 ERA but only 2-3 record but gave 9 quality starts, as he was also a victim of the Brewers 2nd half run scoring drought.

The biggest surprise has got to be the offense right now. Everybody is contributing and it is really nice to see. Lee and Spivey both get a HR and the team whacks out 13 hits and draws 5 walks. You get on base that often, good things are bound to happen. Nobody's confusing this team with the Big Red Machine of yesteryear, but let's hope they keep this up.

I have an article posted over at
the Vikes Geek (or at least it will be posted soon) in a response to a Packer preview he posted. VG puts out great, well-thought out articles on the Vikes and has my respect for that. He's not your typical Viking poster on some forum board that just keeps spouting out hate against all the other teams. He has linked to me and thus, I have added him to my links and he officially will be the last Viking website I will link to.

I have my first article posted over at
fantasyfootballeXperience on the Packers so give it a read if you are so inclined.

No comments: