Friday, April 15, 2005

Packer Schedule

I had a fever last night and lots of aches, pains and dizziness and went to bed at 8:30 and was generally miserable most of the day. So my apologies if my post today is not well thought out. The Packer schedule was released and the beginning 5 games and the final 4 games are very favorable for the Packers, so they should start and finish the season strong. However, there is a 7 game stretch that is just brutal in the middle and it starts right after the bye week.

It looks like this: @MN, @Cincy, PITT, @Atl, MN, @Philly, @Chi. Yep, that's 5 road games and only 2 home games. That's a combined record of 68-44, which translates into an average record of 10-6. The Pack are looking at 3 division winners, one being the defending NFC Champs. This is the make or break portion of their season. 4-3 is absolutely necessary and better is, well, better. Assuming a 4-3 mark during this streatch and 4-1 in the first 5 games (3 home) and 3-1 in the last 4 games (3 home), this would amount to an 11-5 season. That is my prediction this year for them at this point. Obviously, the draft, injuries and such will play a big role in any changes, but every other fan is making their predictions, so figured I'd join in. I'm also going on the fact that the offense is still very much intact and the defense cannot be any worse than last season, and the Pack went 10-6.

The biggest game, for me, is the Monday Night game on Nov 21st against the Vikes. Why? Because I am going to try and get tickets for this game and if I am able to go, I want the Packers to win dammit.

That's all from me for now. Enjoy your weekend everyone, and on Monday we'll discuss the Brewers sweep of the Cardinals.

2 comments:

SBG said...

11-5, eh? I might be willing to make that interesting.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Sorry SBG, no wagers at this time. I need to wait until after the draft and training camps at least. Just preliminary stuff right now.