Monday, April 25, 2005

Weekend Recap

I originally was going to title this post "Weekend Update", but then SNL's attorneys let me know that that was a trademarked slogan and they would sue if I didn't change it (damn you Lorne Michaels!). Let's go over what happened in nice, neat bullet-point format as I really like bullet points.
  • The Packers draft occured and I am writing a summary on this that will probably be posted tomorrow on fantasyfootballexperience.com.
  • This weekend I spent more hours outside than I had the prior 3 weeks it seemed like. Between just pushing my kids on the swings, picnic at a park, and a long walk with my neighbors and the kids at the Westwood Nature Center, it was about 5 hours just yesterday.
  • Add in to the great outside fun yesterday, we had those neighbors over for a steak dinner that put a great cap on the day. A good meal with good friends, what life is all about.
  • Speaking of my neighbors, one of the funniest stories ever came at their expense. Shane's (of Greet Machine fame) wife comes out to their porch holding one of their cats. She then asks her daughter, Greta, if she put the cat in the fridge. Greta sweetly replies yes, then off to her room Molly sends her. My wife and I are laughing out loud once Greta is out of hearing range. My wife then asks between laughing fits "What would possess someone to put a cat in the fridge?" To which I responded, "Really, the cat would be much better preserved in the freezer." My wife was laughing too hard to care at that point.
  • Tonight, assuming the rain stops will be my softball teams batting practice as we are in a tourney this coming weekend. I'm looking forward immensely to this tourney and the season in general. We are 35-1 over the last 2 years, including fall ball with the lone loss being a forfeit of the first game last season when guys forgot we started the season. We have not played in a tourney for the last 2 years due to scheduling issues, so this weekend should be fun. This season I'll be chronicling our team's (and my) performance, so you can all follow along and marvel at my athletic prowess.

No comments: