Thursday, April 14, 2005

Stomp It!

Last night my son, Adam, and I went to see the Stomp Odyssey movie at the Minnesota Science Museum's IMAX theatre last night. This was his first actual movie experience and he was especially awed by the screen size. I knew he would love the group Stomp and I was correct. The movie is about 40 minutes long and highlights other cultures ways of making rhythm with Stomp's unique presentation as well. In looking over at my son, he was bobbing his head with the Japanese drummers and when it was over cheered and clapped along with the rest of the audience.

Immediately after leaving the theatre along with the entire ride home, Adam was doing his best impression of the Stomp gang and the other people in the movie. This was without a doubt the biggest highlight of the year for me, just watching him and then joining in. He was even doing this while in line at Dairy Queen for a Dilly bar. He's almost 5 and at such a great age right now, where great things like this leave a lasting impression.

Speaking of Stomp...
How about the stomping the Brewers did on the Pirates yesterday? (It's all about the segways people). Lee pounded out a clutch 2 run, bases loaded double in the bottom of the 8th to give the Brewers the lead and Miller drove in 2 more with a follow up single and a 4 run lead. Although Miller got thrown out trying to make it a double, I am not going to fault him on that at all. He has been everything and more that the Brewers wanted out of him and is one of the pleasant surprises this season so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds cool. I wish I could have gone too. Your review, however, has convinced me that I have to see this movie no matter what. I think Anders would love it.