Monday, April 24, 2006

Well, look at that!

I'm mentioned in the St. Paul Pioneer Press! Didn't even know that I was going to be mentioned there and found out through the glorius tracking machine that is Sitemeter.

Apparently Gary "he cannot be" Derong listed me in the online version of the Press on Saturday under the title
"Nothing But Net" and lists some of the predictions I've put on here and that the site "offers a fairly succinct view of sports in Wisconsin from its author's perch in Minneapolis". Damn, I'm blushing and all. Personally, I think it's the cheese background that did it for him. Thanks for the plug Gary!

Since I am now advertised as talking about sports, I better get to it.

Packers (that's America's Team for those of you uneducated on the subject)
Well, as expected, but against my hopes,
Lavarr Arrington signed with the Giants over the Packers. He had said all along that he wanted to play in the NFC East so that he could play against his old team, the Redskins twice a year. I was hoping that TT would give him a good offer and from what his agent said was that it was, it was just that the Giants gave him just about top dollar and we all know that TT wasn't going to do that. Feel like we were used to get more $ out of the Giants too? I'll admit, I have visions of a LB corps of Barnett, AJ Hawk and Arrington dancing in my head. Well, 2 out of 3 won't be bad.

Oh, and don't believe all the garbage you hear about that the Packers might be taking a QB. It's just the smoke screen that all the GM's are putting up to disguise what their real intentions are. It's going to be AJ Hawk, period.

Brewers
A 5 HR inning in an 11-0 whoopin' of the Reds followed by an embarassing, get this, 11-0 loss to the Reds the next day. That's our Crew this year, completely unpredictable. Very early in the season, and they have been playing some good teams, but let's hope they start getting this season under control.

Westwood Softball Club
Tonight starts the beginning of the Westwoodies softball season, so I'll continue the trend from last year with the recaps of our games. This past weekend we had our first tourney and not only were out 2 of our better players for the games, but our 3B tore an Achilles tendon in our first game and is out for the year. I get along great with him as his son was our unoffical batboy all season and is the same age as my son. We'll miss you Mike. Oh, and we played like a bunch of horses @$$e$ as well and lost both our games.


Sorry for the delay in posting today, Blogger is being difficult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig,

Thanks for the comment. Glad to see someone is still reading.

Congrats on getting noticed by the "mainstream" media, even if it was a Minnesota newspaper.