Thursday, May 19, 2005

I've got Sponsors!

If you direct your attention to the right hand column, you will notice links for Coast-to-Coast tickets at the bottom of the links. I have graciously allowed them to advertise on my site like it's some NASCAR racecar. That just might be the only time that word is ever used on this site. I'm not a big fan of the sport, but if you are, feel free to enjoy it. To each their own. I encourage everybody to check out the links. Now, onto other blog-type things.

Brewers
Great, I go and promote Clark then he along with the rest of the offense (except for Jenkins) take a holliday last night being shut out by the Nationals. Once again the pitching was great as Cupuano gets the game ball, but the offense disappeared in this series. The records are similar to last year, but let's see how the scoring compares:

Last year: 201 runs scored 203 against
This year: 174 runs scored 157 against

Clearly the pitching is much better, and all this without Ben Sheets for an extended period. There were so many question marks about the pitching coming into the season, especially the bullpen and I believe that they have all been been put to rest. The offense is down at this point, but Jenkins and Lee will get their strokes back and the runs will start coming in. But I am very impressed with the pitching staff this year so far and hopefull that they will keep it up. A 82-80 season is at hand! (Hey, as a Brewer fan, I'd be giddy as hell with a winning season)


Personal note
I'll be in Dallas for the next 3 days at my goddaughter's confirmation. It's going to be a great trip as I have not been down there in 5 years and have not seen her in person for 3 years. Friday night I'll be at the Rangers/Astros game with seats 9 rows up in the outfield bleachers so I have bout a .01% chance of getting a HR ball, so I'm pretty pumped about that. I'll give a full report upon my return of the game, park and such. Laters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sellout! Do your sponsors tell you what to write, too? I will never trust the Oracle again!

Are you still taking me to a Twins game?

Cheesehead Craig said...

No Shane, I am still free to say what I like.

The Oracle sees that the answer is "yes" to the Twins game.