Thursday, June 23, 2005

Buck it!

Terry Porter gets fired about 6 weeks after being told he will be around for the last season on his contract. I'm a bit pissed. Terry is a class act and was given a low amount of overall talent to work with in year one and made it a playoff team. His squad got killed by injuries last year and with no upgrading being done, the predictable happened, the Bucks lost a bunch of games. This had better be related to helping keep Redd. Maybe the Bucks were called by one of the available names out there (Flip Saunders) and couldn't pass it up. I'm not a huge Flip Saunders fan frankly. Yes, he did do a decent job in MN, but he had KG. He just lost control of his team and really doesn't impress me. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens though.

Since we're on the topic, the NBA draft is fast approaching and it seems all but formalized that Bogut is going to be drafted #1 by the Bucks. He would help the Bucks win more games immediately and thus help get Redd signed, which is priority #1. The more I read and hear about Bogut, the more I like him. I originally stated that I'd rather have Williams, but I'll officially do a John Kerry and flip-flop to Bogut. He's a hell of an athletic big man and can certainly run the floor, plus he's an outstanding passer. Watch the 3 pointers fly this year if teams collapse on the big man. Kick it out Bogut!


Brew Crew
Brewers won last night as Carlos Lee keeps going with his NL RBI lead. In a contest at the beginning of the year, we had to pick (among other things) the MVP for each league. I got laughed at when I picked Carlos. He's hitting .280/.340/.556 with 19 HR and 64 RBI. That is a pace of over 40 HR and 130 RBI. Suddenly my pick is not so laughable anymore, is it? It won't happen unless the Brewers start winning, but they will. They get to a .500 season and Carlos has those numbers, he'll be in the running.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my neighbor Shane and his family for the water fight in the backyards last night. That was the definition of summer right there.

5 comments:

SBG said...

I'd have loved to had Porter come to the Timberwolves. Unfortunately, they hired Casey right before Porter got axed. Typical Timberwolves luck.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Rumor is that he is a candidate for the Portland job. Given his whole career was there, I'd be very happy for him if that turned out. He just wasn't given a chance in Milwaukee.

Brian said...

Who are the Timberwolves?

SBG said...

The Timberwolves are the source of one of my ulcers.

Brian said...

Ah, I understand SBG. Explains why I've had one for 44-years now.