Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Buck Update: Foreigner Edition

Once again the Westwoodies got rained out last night. So, I will use the idea I had for the game recap with a post on the Bucks. I will attempt to use as many album or song titles from an artist in with the post as I can. I hereby choose Foreigner as the Week 1 representative. Why Foreigner you may ask? Well, you may, but I will not be giving you an answer.

Tonight for the NBA draft I fully see Bucks GM Larry Harris, being COLD AS ICE stepping up to the podium stating that the DIRTY WHITE BOY Andrew Bogut, the Aussie who is a LONG LONG WAY FROM HOME, will be the Bucks #1 pick (SAY YOU WILL Larry). Andrew, eyes full of tears, will have DOUBLE VISION as the joy of being named the first overall pick overwhelms him. He will comment on how he has played in the Olympics and starred for the University of Utah, BUT THAT WAS YESTERDAY, and is looking forward to many years in Milwaukee. The local papers will declare him the JUKE BOX HERO and savior of the team.

In other wonderful news,
TJ Ford has been cleared to play next season. The fact that the energetic Ford will be back in full force will get every Buck fan HOT BLOODED for the upcoming season. His extreme quickness and URGENT style of play will amount to the Bucks playing HEAD GAMES with opponents next season as teams will scratch their heads at how to stop them. All this will lead to the Bucks winning the NBA title with Michael Redd holding the trophy saying "I've BEEN WAITING FOR A GIRL LIKE YOU".

Feel free to comment on what band you would like to see me use in further editions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... this looks familiar. I seem to recall getting an email like this once.

I love Foreigner! This post has given me a hankerin' for some Double Vision!

Cheesehead Craig said...

I think that was why I chose them for the first band. You will like the next choice for a band as well, I believe.

Curt said...

Foreigner!! I was ridiculed by Shane when I purchased a Foreigner album back in college. Should I interpret your comment as an apology to me, Shane?

I was very happy to see that T.J. Ford has been cleared to play again. I loved watching him in college and I hope he has a long career in the NBA.

Curt in Grand Forks

SBG said...

Foreigner were kings back in my HS days. That lead singer could really belt 'em out.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Curt, I have seen the error of my ways. Foreigner rules! Although I would never spend a dime on an album by them. All I have to do is turn on KQ. Foreigner comes on with an hour.

And, of course, Foreigner is usually followed by a Foghat rock block...

Sara said...

My vote is for Def Leppard. If only so I can see how you'd encorporate Pour Some Sugar on Me into a discussion of the Brewers outfield woes.