Monday, June 13, 2005

Swept away

Well, it finally happened, the Brewers get swept on the road. Can't say I'm surprised though. This team has been absolutely horrid on the road this year. Their 11-22 record gives them the 5th worst road record in the NL and they have the 8th worst in the whole league. Sheets did a fantastic job and put the team in a position to win, but got no help (hmmm have we heard this before?). True, it was the Phillies who are just playing out of their minds right now that beat them, but still it's disheartening.

I'm thrilled at the trade of Spivey for Ohka. The Brewers get a good pitcher that could blossom into a solid #3. My opinion of this trade and the calling up of Weeks is the same as most Brewers fans: "It's about time". The infield of the future is 3/4 of the way there. Hall at 3B, Hardy at SS (who got a big plug in ESPN's magazine this week), Weeks at the 2B. The final piece will be Fielder next year. Let the fun begin!

Fun stuff
I got to finally meet my blogging buddies,
SBG and Cheer or Die, as we had a luncheon gathering on Saturday, along with Shane. They all went to Canterbury after lunch to spend the day losing money on the ponies and I went back home to visit with one of my best friends, Murph, who was up to see the in-laws for the weekend. Fatherhood suits Murph quite well as he was in rare form and as always was entertaining as hell to get together with. It was great seeing everybody and I certainly do look forward to seeing all of them again. Thanks for a great Saturday guys!

Sunday I got to have my kids help me wash my car. It turned into a water squirting fest with my son's super soaker and the hose. Needless to say, my car got cleaned, the kids and myself got soaked and we all had a blast. Another fun dad moment.

2 comments:

SBG said...

Great to meet you, CC.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Same to you, we'll have to do it again soon.