Friday, March 31, 2006

Day 7, please send pizza

Today is Day 7 of my wife's trip to Ireland. The house has not burned down yet, the kids still are alive and my sanity is still intact.

Last night I was able to get a sitter and met with my good blogging buddy, SBG for a burrito and beer at Chipotle. Haven't been able to get together with him too often so it was nice to see him again. We talked some sports and I got to find out more about his job and him personally. He was even kind enough to pay for dinner. If it means that I owe him one, so be it, just another reason for us to get together.

Fantasy Baseball
No, not the kind where you dream of hitting a home run with
Stacy Keibler. The other, far less exciting fantasy baseball. I am in the 2nd year in a league with 5 other guys and we each get to draft 5 teams. From these 5 teams we have to put together a starting lineup and 4 SP, 2 RP and 1 other pitcher (either SP or RP). You can have a max of 4 players from any team and you have to play at least 1 from each team. The twist this year is that we are making it a 3 year keeper league that you keep the rights of all the players on the team when you drafted them, even if they get traded to another team, so you have to take some youth factor into consideration. Hey, I don't have to do the admin work on this part so it's fine by me. We get 15 free moves during the season, after that, there is a charge. Trading between players is fine and counts as one of the moves once the season starts. Here's the teams I ended up with:

Chicago White Sox, Brewers (yes, I'm a homer), Blue Jays, Dodgers and the Royals.

I should be able to do something with these teams and finish last (like I did last year). The guys in the league are far more knowledgeable than I am with baseball, so I don't have the best shot in the world, but injuries and surprises always come into play somehow.

2 comments:

John Burzynski said...

Remember, she isn"t a real WWE lady until she has her pics in Playboy

Cheesehead Craig said...

However, I shall not hold that against her. Somehow, I suspect that you won't as well.