Wednesday, January 19, 2005

All about the Benjamins

I'm not feeling well today so this will be brief. I like the recent Brewer signing of Ricky Bottalico for the bullpen. He's only on a 1 year deal, but he could either be a good setup man or a closer. He has very similar numbers as Kolb did last year, and I seem to recall that that worked out pretty good for the Brewers. He brings a good deal of experience to a rather unproven pen.

Arbitration numbers were exchanged with the 4 players eligible yesterday. Spivey, Clark and Kieschnick should all be resolved rather quickly as there is not much separating them. Sheets may go all the way to arbitration, as they are 1M apart, but I doubt it. The new owner is a standup guy and the Brewers have not had to go to arbitration since '91. I just want to get Sheets to a big multiyear deal during the season. He's a 20 win, Cy Young winner waiting to happen.

No comments: