Sunday, January 09, 2005

All Good Things...

Well, the Packers got humiliated by the Vikings at Lambeau. The Packers came out extremely flat and figured they could win by just showing up. As poorly as Favre played, I am putting this loss mostly on Sherman and the coaching staff. How the hell does a team come out this bad and spot their biggest rival 17 points in the 1st Q? The offense was lost and the defense was worse in the first half. The D improved a lot in the 2nd half, but the offense was worse. Favre had an awful game and I am not even sure what was going on in his head. Bottom line, the Vikings came out like they wanted to win and kicked the Packer's asses. Walker's injury was a big detriment to the Packers coming back as was Davenports, but injuries happen and good teams should overcome them. It almost seemed as though the Packers resigned themselves on offense that they couldn't do anything. This should have been Sherman's and the coaching staffs job to get this offense back on track. Favre disappointed today, games like this happen in the postseason too often with him. Realistically, I did not think the Packers were going to win the SB this year as their defense is too bad, but I would rathered they beat the Vikings first. There is always next season I guess... I'll talk about that another time though.

At this time, I would like to send my sincerest thanks to my wife, Rachel. She endures my Packer addiction and does what she can to enable me to watch the Packers games during the season. She has done everything from watching our 2 children to serving snacks and dinner for me and Shane (my neighbor) while the games are going on. She normally detests professional sports and is turned off by the $ involved and the ego-centric players. However she puts all that aside to make me happy, without any strings attached. She is there to console me after Packer losses and celebrates their wins with me. I could not ask for a better wife. Thanks sweetie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thanks also to Rachel for the wonderful meal of steak and the great cookies. Really, I had a great time at your house, Craig, and I appreciate all the Wisconsin hospitality you and your wife showed me. Sorry things didn't work our better for you! Well, actually I'm not sorry at all ... and I'm sorry about that. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

It's about time a true oracle appears to speak for the cheese gods. We have waited for centuries for this to happen. Speak, O Oracle, with your assistant Rachel the Priestess at your side. Your subjects await your wisdom. "The Packers got humiliated" seems an apt message, yet...there's always next year and the inevitable comeback. The Vikings are only Vikings; mythical behorned minigods with their pants figuratively pulled down around their knees.