Friday, January 28, 2005

The Fab Five

Before I get into today's topic, I just want to give huge props to my 4 1/2 yr old son, Adam. He had his kindergarden readiness test yesterday, and scored HUGE! They go through vision, hearing, mental and physical tests. Apparently normal is a score of 14, Adam breezed through with a score of 23! One test was stacking 10 blocks on top of each other. They let Adam into the room where the blocks were on the table, and not even telling him what to do, he stacked the blocks right up. The tester said "Ok then, guess you can do that just fine", clearly impressed. Yep, future leader of the world I got going on here. He knows how to count just fine, holds a pencil perfectly, and this blew me away, knows perspective on drawing. He knows that things closer are bigger and those farther away are smaller and draws it as such. Boo Yah! I'd like to think that's a direct reflection on my superior genes, but I think it's more my wife staying at home and raising my boy right. Thanks Rachel!

Now, on to the topic of today's entry. You all see the buttons at the top of the page of the "next blog". It's quite fun to keep hitting that, you get some funny and wierd stuff and it's different everytime. So I thought I would help you all out and hit this 5 times and write what I found. I call this regular entry to my blog "The Fab Five".

http://calsetines.blogspot.com/
Woman writing from Spain. I know Spanish somewhat, but I don't have the time to go through all of what she says. The gist is that she lost her hamster to serious sinus infection and is distraught over it.

http://missywen.blogspot.com/
The first of the female teen sites. Quite a lot of angst here. I am guessing it is mostly due to the fact that she is a horrible speller. My goodness, I'm wondering what happened to today's educational standards. Apparently she is loving being dark and moody, her way of lashing out at the world.

http://--asphyxiated.blogspot.com/
Ok, another female teen site and she's like, "oh my god" and all, and you know like, loves dancing and more dancing for sure and like cool.

http://purplesquaresandkitties.blogspot.com/
I just could not get away from the female teen sites! This girl is in FFA and is a judge. Her latest entry is about judging meat cutting for the first time. She's in IN and hey, I got lots of respect for the FFA. Granted in high school, I made fun of them, but since then I have seen how important this group is, so big props to her. Keep it up!

http://portburyplayingstats.blogspot.com/
As the description of the site says: For Failand & Portbury Cricket Club, one of the leading cricket clubs in the Bristol and North Somerset areas. That's it, the individual Cricket stats for this league for the last 3 years. Not much, but hey, to each their own.

I did not leave any blogs out, so tune in next time where we might get some really wierd stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I like this new category. Good stuff here and it brings happiness to my heart reading about you slogging through teenage girl / angst ridden sites. Fun stuff. I agree with the FFA props to. I'll have to check her site out.

Congrats with the genius that is Adam. He really is a good kid, and hilarious too.

Shane

Cheesehead Craig said...

You are so sweet, I cannot take credit for how wonderful our children are, because that would shackle me with taking the blame for their flaws. The best part of the day is when you come home. I love you.
-Rach

SBG said...

Check your e-mail.