Monday, January 24, 2005

Sunny Days...

Sweeping the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get
How to get to Sesame Street

Now that I have that song in your heads, have to tell you the source of it. On Sunday the whole family went to Sesame Street Live at the Target Center via free tickets from a friend. Now, I have to say that I have always been leary of these things as I figured my kids wouldn't remember them and that they would just be a ripoff of a poor show. Well, I was wrong. We got outstanding seats straight away from the stage and only a 1/3 of the way up on the lower level. Plus, our seats happened to have no seats in front of them, just an aisle, so leg room was no problem and our vision of the stage was superb.

My 4 1/2 yr old son and 22 mo old daughter had an absolute blast. They were clapping and laughing and yelling away, just like the rest of the kids. My wife and I had a ball as well and the 1 1/2 hours went by very fast. My daughter was especially cute, as she never let us forget where Elmo was as just giggled away. Needless to say, we will probably be doing something like this again. Thanks for the tickets Julie!

Badger Love
The Badgers impressed the heck out of me on Saturday by going into Ann Arbor and beating the Wolverines 72-61. The Wolverines lead the Big Ten in blocks but that did not intimidate the Badgers, oh no. They kept going inside and scoring. Mike Wilkinson is just a stud. He put up 28pts and 15 rbs in one of his best performances of the year. He could be the best player in the Big Ten as he has stepped up his game with Devin Harris leaving for the NBA. If Tucker can get his came back and get over his foot injury, these Badgers can certainly beat Illinois on Tuesday night at the Kohl Center. I forget who the color man was on the TV broadcast, but he made a great point: Nobody can guard Wilkinson 1-1, he's got too many moves inside and can hit the 3 at any time. This team gives me great hope for the rest of the season and March.

No comments: