Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Busy Day

Let's start the day off with a joke from my son:

Why did the giraffe walk through the town with a broom and a shovel in a wheelbarrow?
Because he wanted to dig a big hole and clean up the houses.

Ok then, now on to sports, sports and more sports.

Packers
As fully expected, the Packers cut Mike Wahle to make up the majority of the room that they needed to get under the cap. They have no chance of resigning him as he is listed as one of the top FA available and will get a huge contract. The Packers are trying to resign Rivera, but I believe that they will not be able to as he refuses to take any "Packer discount", and I do not blame him. The Packers surprisingly did not cut Sharper and seem intent on redoing his deal for him to take a paycut and help the cap that way. I do like Sharper and I'm happy that the Packers are finding a way to keep him for now, although they certainly could cut him at a later time. Thompson is certainly working hard to do what he can to keep his players within reason and trying to get out of the cap hell that Sherman put him in. The full story on the recent cuts and contract extension is listed
here. I'll go into this list in more detail tomorrow as there is a lot here and I am short of time

UW Badgers
The Badgers barely escape with a win over Indiana last night 62-60. Once again, Mike Wilkinson's crappy FT shooting almost cost the Badgers the game, however, he did make 3 of 4 in the final minute to help the cause. I will give him a slight pass (not that kind of pass, although there's nothing wrong with that) as he carried virtually the entire offense by himself in the first half. The Badgers went with only 1 basket in the last 9 1/2 minutes of the game, and that was the buzzer beater by Tucker to win the game. A win is a win, nevertheless. This puts the Badgers in a favorable spot of getting the #3 seed in the Big Ten tourney with a first round bye. Bucky needs to win the last regular season game and 1 tourney game to get a nice 6 seed in the tourney.

Bucks
I really did not expect the Bucks to beat the 76ers last night. High scorers have a way of having big ass nights against them. So naturally AI goes off for 48 points. That's all I got on the Bucks, they are just too depressing right now and I have to get my butt ready for work.

No comments: