Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Ladybug

If you are tuning in for sports discussions today, well, I'm going to have to disappoint you. It's kinda slow now with the Brewers spring training winding down, the Bucks sucking, the Packers not doing much for FA and the Badgers tourney run over. Today's blog entry is all about family.

Today is my daughter's 2nd birthday. She has been an absolute joy and so very special to us. Her cherubic smile and laughter has brought me out of many a low Packer moment this last season (there were many). She runs to the door and greets me when I come home from work yelling "Daddy!" and giving my knees a great big hug.

My favorite thing that she does though, is pretend that her fingers are little ladybugs, which she will run up your arms while cheerfully singing "Here comes ladybugs", then taking her hands into the air "now they fly away".

When one is outside in the summer, lounging around on a hammock or a chair just relaxing, and a ladybug lands on you, you are instantly cheered up. Ladybugs do no harm, they bring a smile to your face as you realize that their simplicity is delightful. Eventually they fly away and you know that someone else is going to enjoy that ladybug's company.

I know that my daughter will someday fly away and be someone else's ladybug. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy her company while I can. I love you little ladybug, and happy birthday.

No comments: