Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Madness is descending

I am getting so pumped up about this year's NCAA men's tourney. Every year for the past 13 years I have watched the opening 4 days of the tourney with my 2 best friends Gabe and Murph. It's a great annual tradition that makes us get together, which is tough given Murph is in Madison and Gabe is in Milwaukee. I've only missed one year, and that was 2 years ago due to the birth of my beautiful daughter. Not the best timing to keep up this tradition, I guess I could have kept my hands off my wife in July the year before... not a chance, but that's far too much info for all of you. Anyway, I get to watch the tourney on a 52" HDTV at Gabe's house and he has paid for the HD broadcast as well. Like the Kool-Aid man says: "OOOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

Bucks
Their worst performance of the year, by far in a
110-71 loss to the Miami Heat. Wow, I knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad. Nobody played worth a crap and it appears as they did not even try. The Heat shot 55% from the field. Even more proof that the D is gone from this team and they are just playing out the season. Disappointed in this team right now, big time. Like some damn lemming I'll still follow and root for them though.

Packers
Bringing in some free agents at LB and OG. I like the last two that visited in LB Anthony Simmons and OG Roberto Garza. Garza is a solid player and I would love to see him in green and gold. Simmons has some injury history, but has still played at a very high level. Has gotten some serious considerations for the Pro-Bowl in the past few years. Both guys could be brought in for rather cheap as the big-money guys are all gone, so the interest is not as high as it once was.


On a final note, you will see that Mr. Crankbutt's Weather Challenge is now complete, and the winner was FOX9!!! When reached for comment, Mr. Crankbutt said: "Big deal! They had 19 days of stats with a maximum score of 57, and the winner got 37pts. That's a 65% accuracy rate. So the weather man is only correct 2 out of 3 times, wow, I'm so flipping impressed. Now go away, I'm busy."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that's right! Gabe has that enourmous TV! Now I am definitely jealous! Care to put a wager on the outcome of this tourney Cheezwhiz (as Dianna likes to call you)? I need to beat you at a bet. It has to happen. It must happen. Let me know!

Cheesehead Craig said...

If you want to wager, we could do the Tourney Challenge on your site. Highest total score wins?

Anonymous said...

Let's do it. Cheeseburger at Fuddruckers?

Anonymous said...

Cheeseburger AND fries.