Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Mr. Crankbutt

In lieu of the slow WI sports scene, and given our favorite complainer back from his vacation, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the demolisher of delicate sensitivities, Mr. Crankbutt.

What the hell is with people and their obsession with bumper stickers? Let me ask you a question: Let’s say that you are a Bush supporter (hey 50% or so of you were), and you saw a bumper sticker that said “No War for Oil”, would you suddenly do a 180 degree turn and become anti-Bush just from that? Hell no! Or you see the wonderful ones that rednecks with pickup trucks like, the famous picture of Calvin peeing on another car company’s logo (classy), does this suddenly turn you off to Ford? When has a bumper sticker ever changed someone’s opinion on a topic? Never! This is the kind of story one would see on a headline at The Onion: “Man keeps changing views based on last bumper sticker he sees”. Furthermore, the election is over, get your damn Kerry/Edwards and Bush/Cheney stickers election stickers off your car. You know what you are saying? “I’m too lazy to clean outdated crap off my car”. What’s with the people who put 30 stickers on their cars talking about saving the trees, whales, and Peruvian llamas, do they think they are changing the world with this? All it’s doing is increasing the chance of accidents. People start tailgating and straddling alongside in an attempt to read what the hell is on the car, like it’s the Dead Sea scrolls or something important.

I will say this, there has been 1 bumper sticker that actually made me laugh, “My son knocked up your honor student”. That one always gets me.

Thanks Cranky! Tune in tomorrow when I actually make an attempt at writing something sports related. Given I went and put a bunch of team logos at the top of the site, I really should do something along those lines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also like the bumper sticker, "Why is it so hot and why am I in this hand basket?" That one always cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

My recent fav: "Snatch a kiss or vice versa"
Earthy, crude, my kids won't figure it out...