Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Guard Swap

Ok, it's been 6 games since the big Bucks trade, so let's see how all the big kiddies have done since the swap compared to before. OK, this more for my curiosity than anything, that and I've been ignoring the Bucks as of late so I figured that they deserved some air time.

Mo Williams 15.5 pts 8.6 assists 26min to 39 min 50% increase... 6 games (post-trade)
51 w/Bucks 9.2 pts 6.0 assists/game (pre-trade)

Mike James 19.8 pts 5.5 assists 27min to 35min 29% increase... 4 games (post-trade)

49 w/Bucks 10.9 pts 3.7 assists/game (pre-trade)

Keith Van Horn 11.1 pts 5.7 reb 18min to 28min 64% increase... 6 games (post-trade)
33 w/Bucks 10.4 pts 5 reb/game (pre-trade)

So, I believe that the Bucks not only succeeded in dumping an obscene salary in Van Horn, but actually made their team better by instilling Williams as the main PG. His points and assists have gone up in proportion to his minutes. His progression eliminates the need to draft a new PG. This upcoming draft is very deep in PG, and I believe that the Bucks could therefore get a very good PF even at a upper mid round pick. James has had superior scoring, but being on a team with McGrady and Ming is a far better situation than Redd and Gadzuric, and his assists should be better, the damn ball hog. Van Horn as a minimal increase in stats, but given the significant increase in minutes, they should be much better.


On a personal note, my older brother called me last night and let me know that he bought a new black labrador retriever. He's a big hunter and is considering entering this dog into competitions. Now, I've always thought that the best part of pets was naming them. At college, my roommates and I had a cat named General Victor. Well, my brother named the dog Rebel. My brother is a cop, and I thought that he should name the dog Convict, makes sense right? Dogs can have names like horses, real long ones that identify where the dog came from and such and an ode to the parents as well. The breeding company that hooked the dogs up was named Dominators, the daddy dog was named Major, so he came up with the name of: Dominators Major Felon. Now, this met with full thumbs up approval from me, but unfortunately he already filled out the official paperwork and all for Rebel, so another opportunity lost.

1 comment:

Cheesehead Craig said...

I liked TJ as well when he was playing, but I am going off the assumption that he is not coming back, or at best, will only be a 10-15 minute player if he does. That neck injury of his is so tricky that I dare not assume anything else.

True, his TO are a bit high, but he's only in his 2nd year, so I'll forgive him for now and hope they improve.