Monday, March 14, 2005

Short Week

This week I will only be able to blog M-W as I will be out of town to watch the opening weekend of March Madness. I am also staying at home right now as my wife is in training for a new work-from-home job. Needless to say, she'll be needing the computer for most evenings so I'll have to find some other way of getting my blogging going. Not sure if I'll be doing this everyday or if I'll just go every other, including weekends.

Let's see what the weekend brought us, shall we?

Brew Crew
It's nice to see some good hitting coming out of AZ, but I am concerned with Capellan. He got shelled again in his last outing. I don't think he is going to be the 5th starter and frankly he should not be. If he gets the news that he is going to be coming out of the pen now, then he can work on the mentality of being a 1-2 inning relief man. The kid needs confidence and focus right now. Sounds like Lee's hand is going to be fine, just needs some rest.

Bucky
They lose, predictably to Illinois again in the Big Ten tourney, even though they played a great defensive game, but the offense was awful. They also got a #6 seed in the Big Dance as I predicted. This is right where they deserve to be. They got a good draw for the 2nd round (potentially) in Kansas. KU is reeling and has historically done poor in the tourney and a team like WI can take advantage of them and squeak into the Sweet 16.

Bucks
The defense has absolutely dissappeared from this team. They just get into high scoring games and they do not have the firepower to win them. All I can hope for at this point is that they end up signing Redd and another big man, and winning the draft lottery. I shudder to think of what Miami is going to do to them tonight. Prediction: Miami by 18, Shaq and Wade get over 25 pts each.

Packers
Darren Sharper signs with the Vikes. It was tough to see him go as I feel he is still a very good safety. MN has significantly upgraded their defense with their FA signings and are poised to be very tough next season. Right now, I would have to say that they are the favorites to win the division. I love the Packers and have a great amount of faith in Bates, but there's nothing wrong with being realistic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheesehead, so you think Sharper is a good pick up for the Vikes? I just can't get over the fact that he is relatively old and gimpy. It seems to me that this is just like how the Vikes picked up Corey Chavous a few years back. He was relatively old, too, and he just hasn't panned out (as far as I am concerned). I guess what I am saying is I just don't think this is as great of a pickup as most people say it is.