Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Round 'em up!

Last night was Kindergarten Roundup night for Saint Louis Park and we had to get Adam all registered for Park Spanish Immersion school. So after turning in the 24 proper forms, 3 different verifications of identity and getting Adam tagged in the ear for easier identification for next year, we're all set.

My wife took Adam to the Roundup and here is her take on the whole experience:

Adam and I went to "Kindergarten Round up" tonight, it's where you register for kindergarten and learn what is expected of you as a parent to support the child's kindergarten experience, how the busing schedule works, what the hours are for after school day care, blah blah blah. I tuned out and all I heard was "RACHEL, THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE YOUR BABY AWAY FROM YOU AND YOU WON'T HAVE ANY MORE CONTROL OVER HIS LIFE YOU WONT KNOW HIM BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR, HE'LL BE A MOHAWK-WEARING PUNK WITH PIERCED NIPPLES WHO HATES YOU KISS HIS INNOCENCE GOODBYE HE'S OURS NOW MWAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"
Adam had a great time, making crafts with the kids in another room, I want to cut my wrists but I'm putting on a happy face so he has no idea. I'll be better tomorrow.

My wife is sad that her little boy is starting to venture out into the great big world. School doesn't start for about 5-6 months, so there is still that time left of him prior to being a full time school boy. It is amazing how the time does fly by. I have to say, I'm a bit teary too. But I am looking towards this as another way for my son to blossom, as he has in everything else he has done.

Milwaukee Bucks
They notch a great win over the mighty Atlanta Hawks last night
105-101 at the beautiful Bradley Center. This site's new favorite player, Mo Williams dropped 22 pts and 10 assists in the winning effort. Now, I don't have any aspirations that the Bucks will make the playoffs, as I am just looking towards next season. If the Bucks can draft a stud big man, keep Redd, and pick up a high-quality FA, and have $1 beer nights, they'll be set.

Brew Crew
Ok, they got spanked in split squads yesterday. Bright side: Hendrickson pitched well, Lee continued to abuse pitchers and Jenkins got in on the HR parade with 2 in the game, Prince Fielder even got in on the HR action. Down side: Victor Santos was awful, and Capellan was only a bit better. I'm not too worried about Capellan and Santos, they will bounce back. I only linked to one game on the left.

Poor Mike Tice
He's accused of scalping Super Bowl tickets for extra money and bullying other Viking players into giving him theirs. Now, 2 things come to mind: 1- Tice was so pitifully paid that he had to do this to make ends meet. And 2- what does this say about the Viking players that as grown men and in incredible phyical shape ( I mean they are professional football players right?) can be bullied by a man twice their age? No wonder the fans are fed up with this team. Ahhh, the Vikes are a never-ending source of amusement for all.

No comments: