Friday, March 04, 2005

The post to be named later

If you're a Simpsons fan, check out this interview with Harry Shearer and Dan Castellanetta from the Conan O'Brien show. Seeing them do their respective voices for the Simpsons live is hysterical. For those who didn't know, Conan used to write for the Simpsons years ago. Speaking of Conan, I have to link to Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog at the opening of Star Wars II. This is one of the funniest damn things I have ever seen, other than watching Shane trying to be athletic that is.

Packer Nation
Well, as expected, Wahle is gone (Carolina) as is Rivera (Cowboys). Now, this is a big blow to the Packers, as they simply could not afford them any longer, but it is not the apocolypse that is being proclaimed by some of the national media.

However, as I have said, the Packers have lost Pro-Bowl OL before and have survived. They have an excellent OL coach and I have complete faith in Thompson to get either good FA in or draft a quality OL. Let's take a look at what the Packer line was like and how the Packers got them:

Tauscher (RT) 7th round
Rivera (RG) 6th round
Flanagan (C) 3rd round
Wahle (LG) 2nd round of the supplemental draft
Clifton (LT) 2nd round

So, as you can see, the Packers have found great values in the later rounds. Notice that Wahle was a 2nd round supplemental draft pick. He truly was a find! Adam Timmerman was another great Pro-Bowl lineman for the Packers and he was drafted in the 10th round (last year of those). So pardon me if I don't join in on the doom and gloom surrounding the Packers OL.

So fear not, Packer fans, the NFC North is still ours!

Brewers
Hey Hey Hey! Spring games start today in split squad action against Seattle and Oakland. I'll do a rundown on these on Monday. My first season trying to diagnose the Brewers, I am so excited!

3 comments:

Blueheeler - the hound who sniffs out fishy news said...

Thanks for that Simpsons clip! It made my day!

Anonymous said...

That's it! My honor has been besmirched! Prepare to defend yourself at your home court (when the weather turns nice, that is)! I will not even let you score!

Cheesehead Craig said...

Poor deluded Shane, your lumbering about like an Ent is no match for my nimble athleticism.