Monday, March 07, 2005

Cup O' Brew

I decided to make a couple of changes to the site. On the left you will notice that I have the standing for the Cactus League, which will change to the NL Central when the season starts. I'll also be linking to the box score of the most recent Brewer game. I'll also be putting up a link to the season stats once the regular season starts as well, plus some other items. I'm still working on the whole look, but hey, I'm in mortgages not IT. The Bucks standings and game info will also be posted shortly as well.

The Brewers opened spring training with a couple of wins and some good pitching and good hitting. Now granted, this is spring training and one should not get too wound up about it or read too much into it, but they are clearly the cream of the crop in the NL. Seriously, it's great to see the team winning and playing well. So many questions have been raised about how this team was going to do. I think it's a good start so far. Hey, it sure as hell beats being 0-4 and getting shelled in every outing. It's still way too early to make any determinations on what is going to happen. I'll save all that for after spring training. However, I do have to talk about the big offseason acquisition, Carlos Lee. He's jacked 3 HR in 3 games this preseason. The OF trio of Jenkins, Krynzel and Lee are going to be outstanding.

Bucky Badger
Bucky kicked the crap out of Purdue like a red-headed stepchild in the last regular season game
64-52. Don't let the final score fool you, the Badgers were up by over 20 for a decent part of the game. The FT shooting was good, and the defense held the Boilers to 19 first half points. Mike Wilkinson had a good game (figured for all the ripping I give him, I should say a kind word when appropriate). Now, on to the Big Ten tourney as the #3 seed and a first round bye. The Badgers need to win at least 1 game to lock up a #6 seed. I want no part of that 5-12 matchup, too much bad voodoo.

Bucks
After a blowing a game against the Wolves, the Bucks bounced back nicely against the Bulls. Mo Williams continues to flourish after the trade enabled him to be a full time PG. This is one position that the Bucks do not have to worry about. Even if TJ comes back next season, the Bucks have their PG of the future right now in Williams, but that would make a very nice 1-2 punch. After Monday's game, I'll go a complete before and after trade comparison of the stats.

As an aside, I hate Microsoft. I got the XP upgrade installed at home this weekend (I know, I know, it's 2005 and I should have had this a while ago), but the f*cking thing erased all of my Outlook emails. I'm going to send them a nice, pissed off email which of course will not amount to anything, except me being able to vent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mind if I add something?
Marquette: Lost an embarrassing one to Saint Louis University. Scored 19 points in the first half to race out to a 19-14 halftime lead, but couldn't keep up with SLU's blistering offensive pace in the second half, losing 51-39.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Comments are always welcome! I've always had a bias against Marquette, so I don't cover them on my blog. The topping was when they bowed to change their name from the Warriors to the Golden Eagles. I figure that the Bucks, Packers, Brewers and UW football and basketball is plenty.

John said...

Oracle,

Cool site. I'll link you on Holstein Grove (wisgrove98.blogspot.com), and The Cubby Corner (www.cubbycorner.blogspot.com), my two blogs.

I'm a bit of a rarity in the sports world. Born in Chicago and raised in Wisconsin, I'm both a devout Packer Backers and Cubs fan.

Hey, how did you put the standings on your page? do you have to manually update them youself or is it a javascript feed from a service?